Lokomotiv head coach Igor Cherevchenko summarized the third-round match against Besiktas in UEFA Europa League group stage and shared his thoughts on the dismissal of Vedran Corluka.
- I liked the winning mindset of our squad – same before and after the ejection. It won’t be easy to play without Corluka, but Durica is match-fit again. The rest we will see after the Istanbul encounter.
-What is your take on the incident with Corluka?
- I always try to keep away from judging the referees, but if you decide to send off Corluka then send off the Besiktas player who was pushing and shoving Vedran back. Besides, I think that Gomez, who punched Samedov with an elbow, deserved to be red-carded for that.
- How did you like the performance of those who filled in for Pejcinovic and Tarasov?
- We have a pool of footballers. Each and every can be handed a starting role.
- Early in the game, there was a feeling Lokomotiv had difficulty getting underway.
- From the beginning, we prepared to close down the midfield and sit back. At halftime we corrected the strategy and instructed the players to explore spaces exposed in Besiktas lines, and the team became more offensive.
- How do you view the situation in the group?
- I hate predictions. Three sides can currently advance to the next stage. The three fixtures ahead may turn everything upside down.
22 October 2015 23:00