Farfan: I have always overcome difficulties in life
Lokomotiv striker Jefferson Farfan played in the game against Ufa (1:1) and scored a goal 12 minutes after coming on.
- What was the most difficult thing you faced this year?
- It’s very difficult for any player to be out from the field for so long. I would like to thank everyone who was near me - our Spanish physiotherapists, their Russian colleagues, who helped me 24 hours a day, the coaching staff, who cheered me up. They made my recovery a lot easier.
- Have you thought about ending your career because of injury?
- No. I am a fighter. I had difficult situations in my life, but I always overcome them. My only thought was to recover as soon as possible, get fit and help the team.
- What did Nikolic say before bringing you on the field?
- He encouraged me and said that I shouldn’t be nervous. I had to play as a first or second striker. It’s good that I ended up in the place where the cross went to and I managed to score the goal. A draw is not the result that satisfies us, but now it's time to think about the upcoming matches.
- What does your gesture during goal celebration mean?
- I sent greetings to my friends - physiotherapists, who were in the stands.