Lokomotiv midfielder Benedikt Höwedes comments on the defeat from Bayer (0:2) in the Champions League.
- You have played a lot against Bayer. Did Syomin ask your opinion before the game?
- He did ask me about several players. We scrutinized the game. We had watched our game, and their match against Freiburg. So we knew the opposition.
- Miranchuk said the early goal heavily influenced the run of play.
- Totally agree. It discouraged us. We had chances but conceded such an awkward goal.
- Why did the start of the second half turn out so bad?
- Bayer attacked high and forced us to make mistakes. We made unnecessary fouls. But we had chances. Had we scored a goal, probably, we could have built up pressure in the end and save the game.
26 November 2019 23:43