Emotions of Rifat Zhemaletdinov after the victory over Bayer (2:1) in the first game of the Champions League group stage.
- We didn't allow Bayer to create anything in midfield. They relied on flanks and kept crossing but even then were unsuccessful. Both goals they conceded are their own fault, though ours is too. But we won and it's time to move on.
- Lokomotiv stuck to the pressing tactics throughout the game. Is your physical condition alright?
- It was a tough ending. We gave our all.
- Why did you change sides with Joao Mario?
- It was the coach's decision. I don't care what side I play on.
- When Bayer ran forward at the end of the game, did you want to break away and score another goal?
- I did, but I was too tired to do this. It's exhausting when the opposition plays possession football.
- What did you say to each other in the dressing room after the game?
- "Cool guys" in different languages.
19 September 2019 0:39