Midfielder Anton Miranchuk stays loyal to his home club.
- Anton Miranchuk stays with Lokomotiv, - says the club's President Ilya Gerkus. - We welcome this decision. We are convinced there's a great road ahead for him at Loko, and grand events. His main checkpoint should be 2018 World Cup in Russia. We want to see more Lokomotiv players in the national team.
We wish him luck!
- I'm totally delighted, - says Anton Miranchuk. - This new contract is a really important step in my career. I'm determined to make my way to the top 11 because I want to play in 2018 World Cup.
- Let's not forget about the national tournaments and international competitions.
- I'm happy I made a full-fledged debut for the team in the past season. There's a new experience ahead. European competitions are cool! I can't wait to play against European teams, see their level and compare myself against them. I'd really love to play against a team from Spain. Playing against them is always interesting.
- What are your plans for the vacation?
- I'm thinking about flying to Spain to see Barcelona vs Alaves who will play in the Cup Final. Maybe, I'll even manage to go home (to the Krasnodar Krai) for a couple of days to see grandma and grandpa.
- What is your brother telling you about the national team?
- They have just arrived in Austria. Wished him luck before departure, we agreed to call each other a bit later.