Lokomotiv head coach Yuriy Syomin draws the line under the game against Rubin (1:1) in Gameweek 5 of the Russian Premier League, evaluates the debut of Arshak Koryan, and tells why he sent Solomon Kverkvelia to spearhead attacks.
- It's always difficult to play in Kazan. This game has been no exception. I think a draw is a fair result. In the first half, especially during the opening 15 minutes, Rubin had advantage and created chances. We were able to stand it, and it looked like the game was ours to play - before the ejection. Then we made a bad mistake and were punished with a penalty. After that we had to double our work rate. Thanks god Kverkvelia scored that decisive goal. We went all-in and moved him to the central axis because we had no tall player there, and Rubin play perfectly in defence. One point is always better than nothing. I am happy with the players' determination, they fought till the last minute and secured the draw.
- Why didn't Farfan play?
- He is injured.
- What's your take on the performances by Koryan and Galadzhan?
- It's hard to say. They didn't play much. I wish they created more danger in their playing time. They failed to do it though Rubin were tired, especially in the last 30 minutes.
- What plan did you have for them?
- The plan was simple: put the leg to finish off a cross. We needed a goal! We needed to put pressure on the defence. But Rubin boasts very high-quality defenders, so the it was difficult for our youth.
- Please give comment on the red card for Jonatas.
- It was clear he deliberately slapped Barinov.10-08-2017 00:11 | Rubin – FC Lokomotiv