Anton Miranchuk has signed a new long-term contract with Lokomotiv, extending his stay at the club until the summer of 2024.
Miranchuk is a graduate of Lokomotiv Academy. During his eight seasons in the main team, Anton played 119 matches, scored 28 goals, made 16 assists, won the Russian Premier League, three Russian Cups and one Russian Super Cup.
At the end of the 2018/19 season, Miranchuk became Lokomotiv's top scorer and was named the team's best player.
- What is more difficult, signing so many documents or playing against Atletico and Bayern?
- Good question. If we compare the games with Bayern and Atletico, it was harder against the Spaniards. But I am more familiar with football environment, so it was more difficult here (laughs).
- You had a busy week: scored against Neuer, scored against Dzhanaev, scored against Oblak, your mom had a birthday and extended your contract. Which event is more significant?
- All these moments are wonderful and make me happy. To score against top teams, mom's birthday. I appreciate these moments, there will be something to remember.
- What does the new contract with Lokomotiv mean to you?
- At Lokomotiv I feel at home, I'm happy. I am just a happy person in my home club. Now I have even more motivation to please the fans. Come to the stadium, cheer for us! As the matches show, it's much easier for us with your support.
- Before the start of the Champions League, you said that the team was rebuilding and was looking for a new leader. You have scored two goals in three games, and now you have signed a new contract. Is it symbolic?
- I am a football player. My task is to prove my worth on the pitch, to please my family, fans, club, and be useful. Now I am one of the happiest people on earth.
04 November 2020 17:05