Yury Syomin talks about the game against Partizan (1:1, 2:4 pen.) at the Parimatch Premier Cup, Anton Miranchuk’s injury and the comeback of Farfan.
- What are your impressions of the game?
- The first half was good. Quality play. Although I think Partizan is in better shape at this point. The second half substitutions did not help. Partizan’s subs worked out better.
- Does the result matter?
- Not in the least.
- It looked like in the middle of the second half you switched to the scheme with three defenders.
- It depends on the players on the pitch. When Kverkvelia appeared, Magkeyev started playing deeper. We didn’t have another defensive midfielder who could attack.
- How did you like Magkeyev?
- You rightfully single him out. He plays not because he’s young and promising but because at this position he’s stronger than others.
- Lokomotiv’s goal can be called ideal - an effective finish after three passes.
- Alexey made a good pass. Eder also had a good game considering his current form.
- Will this attacking lineup be the main without Smolov?
- I think yes. But we still have a month of preparation.
- What’s with Farfan?
- He has to come on the 5th and start working with the ball, at least that’s how we see it.
- Whats’ with Anton Miranchuk?
- No information yet but it’s an unpleasant situation.
- Did you practice penalties before the game?
- We didn’t put any emphasis on this.
01 February 2020 16:30