Lokomotiv head coach Yuriy Syomin summarized the game against Spartak (0:3) in Gameweek 14 of the Russian Premier League.
- We were pretty bad, to put it mildly. Especially in the second half. We missed a counter. We controlled the ball on Spartak’s territory but without sharp movement. We looked slow, especially after the break. The 0:3 score is good for making the players think – the desire to win is the main thing in football. There was almost none of it in the second half, and this surprised me.
- How did the fixture in Turin affect today’s game?
- We cannot blame all of the mistakes on Turin. We played a bad match, we tackled badly, we conceded three goals. We’ll think and correct our situation. When we lose I don’t say anything in the dressing room, I leave right away.
- I looked like Lokomotiv underestimated Spartak.
- Exactly. As if we were saving power for something else, and that should not be.
- Did you expect Spartak to field three central defenders?
- I don’t want to comment on Spartak. My congratulations to them on this win. We have to accept the criticism and move on.
- Is Tedesco a fatal opponent for you?
- This is irrelevant.
27 October 2019 19:05