Lokomotiv head coach Yuriy Syomin comments on the game against Juventus (1:2) in Round 3 of the group stage of the Champions League.
- We have played to the maximum of our capabilities. I want to say thank-you to the players. We lacked the fitness of those players who had been ill. Barinov, Krychowiak, Ignatyev, Hoewedes did not play in the previous game. We lacked fitness at the end of the game. As for substitutions, all was going well up to a certain point, we were in the lead.
- Could you have made a better use of pressure play?
- There were opportunities for quality play and better counters. But Juventus did not allow us to use them and cut short all of our countering attempts early with high pressure.
- In the first minutes it looked like Murilo was acting as a defensive midfield but then he pulled down to defence.
- He was scheduled to play as a right central defender.
- What did Lokomotiv gain in this game?
- Experience. Not every player or coach gets a chance to play against Juventus. It was a serious experience for everyone.
- What did you talk about with Ronaldo after the game?
- Cristiano said we could have been more open. But had we been more open, we would have had even more problems.
23 October 2019 0:32