Lokomotiv defender Vilaliy Denisov talks to the media following the 0:1 loss to Ufa in the Premier League’s Gameweek 7.
- Sometimes, teams lose matches even if they had possession and were creative. Alas, we have had more than one game like that lately... Perhaps it may sound like self-justification but today we were to win it: we got shots, crafty play, earned a penalty .
- After the encounter, the Ufa footballers said they had focused on wing defence. Did you try to change the formation and attack through the centre?
- Ufa fielded five defenders. No matter how they move and position themselves, we have to use the width of the pitch. The rest depends on conversion. Once again, chances presented themselves.
- The penalty taken by Nemanja Pejcinovic – was it the coach’s idea, or did the guys decide it between themselves?
- Spot kicks are taken by whoever feels more confident. I, for one, do not take penalty kicks - with the exception of penalty shootouts in cup ties when my turn comes. But that was three times in my whole life. You cannot blame a particular person on the defeat. Losses and victories come as the result of teamwork.
17 September 2016 22:18