Lokomotiv defender Vitaliy Denisov gave his take on the 0:0 match with Zenit in the ROSGOSSTRAKH Russian Championship’s Gameweek 1.
- It was our first official fixture. There were situations when our side could have found the way into a shooting position, but the team experience a dip in form. I believe the coaching staff will make certain alterations, and you will see better play next time.
- There is a lot of talk currently going on that Lokomotiv have not made a single signing yet.
- The transfer window is still open. Let us wait and see. No matter what, there are men on the squad who can come off the bench any time. We have enough options.
- Are you already clear about this season’s objectives?
- We set the highest goals, as usual.
- What has changed in Zenit’s style of play compared to their previous campaign?
- Zenit favour an attacking football style. You could see Shatov acting as a playmaker from time to time. The overall picture shows they play in pretty much the same manner. Actually, several players from their team who had been fielded in the Super Cup game were not deployed this time.
- In your previous encounters with Zenit you used to play on the wing marking Hulk. Did you feel freer today?
- I wouldn’t say so. Zenit selections are good. The team’s class is there. Besides, when a new manager takes over, footballers alwayd feel motivated - the Super Cup tilt demonstrated that. It was difficult to tackle Kokorin and Shatov when he was shifting to the flank.
- Is an away draw a good outcome?
- We had some decent moments. If we had been more effective on the ball, the score could have been different.
30 July 2016 20:48