Lokomotiv defender Jan Durica summed up the Gameweek 21 encounter with Krasnodar FC (2:1) of the ROSGOSSTRAKH Russian Football Championship.
– Congratulations on the goal, Jan. Last time you netted it was also against Krasnodar in 2013. Looks like that side is special for you?
–Indeed. Actually, it is unimportant who scores. What’s important is to win. And it wasn’t easy this time. Krasnodar had home advantage and created many good chances. But our guys were great – stuck to their guns!
– Do you think that Lokomotiv is currently in top form, or is there still room for growth?
– There is always more to achieve and room to grow. But today it was a good quality game.
– There was a feeling that once your side scored the team kind of retreated…
– I should agree. After the first goal, we did drop back a bit. As I have noted already, it is a mental thing. You must try to put such notions out of your mind and play your own game even when the team take the lead.
– Do you dedicate the goal to someone?
– My daughter.
20 March 2016 22:08