Lokomotiv’s captain Vedran Corluka summarized the game with Besiktas (1:1) and spoke of his dismissal.
- What actually preceded that ejection?
- A stupid thing actually. I made a mistake and blame only myself – I succumbed to the provocation. It's good that the guys carried the fight till the final whistle.
- According to pundits, Lokomotiv produce an organized performance while the Turkish play is based on aggressiveness. Could you say they got us entangled?
- No, it was my fault. The first half was not good enough, but the second proved quite exciting. We played wide open and created many chances. Our fans should be delighted.
- In case of a draw, you never know for sure whether you are glad or sorry - which one?
- Glad, I think. Given the fact that for the remaining time we were left one man down, which is always hard… My thanks again to the team for fighting it out!
- Sporting defeated Skenderbeu. What can you tell of the competition for the right to advance to the next stage of the tournament?
- It is going to be tough. If we had won today, we would have been much better off. But it’s one all. The struggle is not over.
- There were big crowds supporting both sides today. Did you feel anything special in the air?
- The atmosphere was ideal. Wish we could carry it along into the coming Monday – only with less fans showing up for Rostov than there was for Besiktas.
23 October 2015 1:05