Barinov: I just want to score in Cherkizovo
The Lokomotiv midfielder Dmitry Barinov also took part in the pre-season press conference and answered some questions from the media.
– Dmitry, you have already replaced Guilherme in his role as a captain. Now how ready are you to be our captain driving and sustaining the team?
– This question is always being asked. How ready am I? If I hadn't been ready, I wouldn't have taken the captain's armband. I hope that tomorrow our head coach will announce the captain and you will see everything with your own eyes. And as for driving and sustaining the team, I always try to do these things, I tend to think. It doesn't always work, but I do keep trying.
– Whether it is possible today to speak of the Lokomotiv's ability to impose the competition to FC Zenit? Considering the fact, they are the champions in the RPL during 4 years?
– You can fight with everyone. I'll tell you that. After the winter break, we were one kind of Lokomotiv, but we are the other one. Much stronger. You will see. We have had a very good training camp, and now we are ready to compete with FC Zenit.
– Another RPL-season is coming up for you. What are you expecting from it? First whistle, first shoot, maybe first derby? Maybe there are some special expectations?
– Honestly, the first score in Cherkizovo. I just want to score at home, because, you know, I never scored here. And I will try to do it in the very first round.
The full version of this event is available on the Lokomotiv's YouTube channel at the link below.